Stunning Slab Dining Table



Stunning Slab Dining Table

10'6" Guanacaste Parota dining table. 

Stunning Parota Dining Table designed and built by Jacquelyn Smith of Instar.Design

I build the solid wood base and beam of this Trestle Table from Shedua. The trestle style table is an extremely solid design. 
Before the finish I do a test set up and fit. I am fortunate to have a fork lift and hoist to aid in moving around these large slabs! Some of my slab tops weigh from 220 to 385lbs! That's a lot of weight especially when the size is 42" x 10'6". Fortunately I used to build buildings so I have first hand knowledge of lifting beams and making things much larger than myself. I am also ever so grateful for the several people in my shop building who have come to the rescue over the years helping me get the slab turned over or into and out of a truck! 

This striped beauty is Quarter-sawn Shedua. The deep dark streaks and golden highlights are a perfect match for Guanacaste Parota. 




Simply beautiful.






Comments

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well..
    Kitchen & Dining

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have a dream

The Journey of Intersecting Shapes and Flowing Lines